For immediate release
MASS ROHINGYA SOLIDARITY RALLY – THE INTERNATIONAL COURT OF JUSTICE
Dear peace and justice-loving people from all over the world – Rohingya and non-Rohingya,
May peace be upon you all!
The 10th of December is a historic day not only for Rohingya, but also other ethnic minorities in Myanmar. This is the day on which a new chapter of long-awaited justice and accountability for Rohingya victims of Myanmar Genocide will be opened. On this day, the International Court of Justice (ICJ) will begin the hearing of the case filed by The Gambia against Myanmar for its genocide against the Rohingya minority.
The Rohingya community believes that the international community has finally heard the cries and calls for the justice of thousands of Rohingya being killed during decades-long genocidal operations by Myanmar. The justice and accountability has not been served despite the well-documented accounts of genocide with intents to destroy the community as a whole, resulted in stripping of citizenship, right to self-identity, denial of freedom of movement, religion, education, healthcare, livelihood, and expulsion of over a million of Rohingya from their homes coupled with mass murders, rapes and destructions of houses and properties.
The community steadfastly believes that justice will take its course to prevail.
On these days of 10th and 11th December, The European Rohingya Council (ERC) and Myanmar Muslims Association Netherlands (MMAN) is organizing the Mass Rohingya Solidarity Rally in front of the ICJ. On these specials days, Rohingya, Kachin, and Karen, Myanmar Muslims, Bangladeshi community and many other people from around the world will join hand-in-hand to show support for the long-awaited justice for Rohingya. Therefore, you are cordially invited to join this peaceful solidarity rally in front of the ICJ. Your participation is extremely important.
- To seek justice and stand in solidarity with the Rohingya victims of Myanmar Genocide
- To support The Gambia in bringing the Myanmar Genocide criminals to the International Justice and Accountability.
DATE AND TIME
- 10 December 2019 (Tuesday), 09:30 – 14:00
- 11 December 2019 (Wednesday), 9:30 – 14:00
- The International Court of Justice, Peace Palace, Carnegieplein 2, 2517 KJ, The Hague, The Netherlands
- The International Court of Justice, Peace Palace, The Crossing of Scheveningsweg with the Carnegielaan
HOW TO REACH THERE
- From Den Hague (the Hague) Central Station, take Stadsbus 24 (upper floor of the station) and get off at bus stop Vredespaleis, Den Haag (it will take approximately 10 minutes).
- There will be two people wearing Hivis Jacket with ERC logo at Den Haag Centraal (The Hague Central Train Station). Please get advice from them on how to use public transport.
- There will also be two people wearing Hivis Jacket with ERC logo at bus stop Vredespaleis, Den Haag.
- All security measures are kept in place. The rally will be very peaceful. There will be police to make sure that the rally takes place in peace and order.
- There will be a counter-protest on 11 December to support Aung San Suu Kyi. Therefore, it is very important to join the right rally. Please notice visibility jacket with the ERC logo.
- It is extremely important that the participants obey the rule of law of the Netherlands.
- The participants are advised to arrive on time.
- There is an arrangement of lunch for the participants.
AGENDA OF THE DAYS
- Prominent Rohingya and non-Rohingya activists, leaders and scholars will be speaking during the course of the day.
Dr. Hla Kyaw (WhatsApp: +31652358202)
Mohammed Ibrahim (WhatsApp: +4917621482623)
Khairul Boshor (WhatsApp: +31684090880)
Mohammed Ilyas (+31617151183)
Mohammed Rafique (WhatsApp: +353860391625)
On behalf of ERC,
Dr. Hla Kyaw
Chairman | ERC